– At this first visit, our aim is to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision. This appointment includes taking a set of diagnostic photographs, one digital x-ray and having a thorough exam with Dr. Baldwin. Using the photographs and x-ray, Dr. Baldwin will discuss with you any existing dental and orthodontic concerns. She will answer any questions you may have and tell you whether or not she feels treatment is necessary. If treatment is indicated, Dr. Baldwin will also discuss the potential different options for treatment and when the optimal time to begin would be. If the doctor is recommending orthodontic treatment for the near future, we will provide you with the estimated treatment duration and the fees associated with the particular service.
This initial consultation is FREE and takes about 45 minutes to an hour.
Occasionally, especially in complicated cases, the doctor will recommend further records be taken, x-rays and molds of the teeth, in order to gain a more complete picture before treatment options are discussed. In these cases, a separate treatment discussion appointment will be scheduled following review of all the necessary records.
Please take a moment to print and fill out the patient information form before your first appointment.
If you’re unable to open PDF files you can get Adobe® Reader® for free.
The consultation appointment takesabout 45 minutes to an hour. The initial appointment(s) to place orthodontic appliances are typically 60-90 minutes in length. Following placement of appliances, most orthodontic appointments are 20-40 minutes in length, 4-8 weeks apart. We reserve your appointment time specifically for you!
We make every effort to be on time for our patients, and ask that you extend the same courtesy. If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment, you may be asked to wait or reschedule in fairness to other patients. We understand, at times, that appointments cannot be kept. In these cases, we ask that you provide 24 hours notice to reschedule an appointment.
Financing your Treatment
Orthodontic fees depend on the severity of the patient’s problem, type of appliance used to straighten the teeth, and the length of time in treatment. Before any treatment begins, you will be able to discuss fees and payment options. We have payment plans to suit different budgets. If you have insurance, we will help you determine your benefits and will file the necessary papers on your behalf to the insurance company. Orthodontic treatment is an investment in the future. We want a beautiful smile and orthodontics to be affordable for everyone.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- We accept VISA, MasterCard and Discover Cards.
- We offer automatic payment options via ACH Bank Draft and Credit Card.
- As a courtesy, we offer financing at 0% interest over the course of your treatment. Payment plans are based on the balance of the fee not covered by insurance, after the initial down payment.
- Flexible Down Payment options are available under certain financing plans.
- Down payments are required prior to initial bonding or fabrication of custom appliances.
- We offer a discount for payment in full at the onset of treatment.
- We offer family discounts for siblings in families with multiple children.
- If you have insurance, all discounts are applied to the balance of the fee not covered by insurance.
- In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary difficulties.
If you have insurance, we will help you to determine the coverage you have available and submit all necessary paperwork to help you claim your benefits. Any contract balance, not covered by insurance is the sole responsibility of the patient or parent.